The Manitoba Minor Football Association (MMFA) is a volunteer organization that is the governing body for youth tackle football, ages 7 to 14, in the city of Winnipeg and in the surrounding rural areas.
The MMFA is seeking interested qualified impartial participant to fulfill the role of Association Commissioner. This is a two (2) year term plus one (1) option year at the discretion of the board of the MMFA. A member of the Association Executive, the Commissioner shall be responsible for:
- Constructing the Regular Season & Playoff schedules for all Divisions.
- Maintaining a record of all game activities, results and standings, including misconduct and/or suspension occurrences and ensure that information is submitted to the appropriate committees/ organizations in a timely manner.
- Acting as liaison between the MMFA and MFRA/MFOA to maintain the highest level of officiating possible including but not limited to:
- Actively assist in recruiting new officials and ensure all officials are certified before start of season.
- Coordinate an appropriate amount of officials for all games for the MMFA
- Handle all disputes arising from officiating of MMFA games including recommending
- Suspension and/or dismissal of officials in question.
- Be responsible for ensuring the payment of officials at the end of season is completed.
- Acting as liaison with the Parents and participating MMFA Clubs
- Acting as the Arbitrator and will convene a committee of experts or other resources, to review all protests, disciplinary actions noted by officials and him/herself, and/or other complaints or concerns between member clubs and/or the league.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Board of the MMFA from time to time.
The Commissioner cannot be affiliated with any MMFA participating club or organization. Remuneration to be set each term by the ASSOCIATION.
Interested applicants shall submit a summary of their experience with Football or any other Sport Organization outlining skills or competencies (volunteer or professional) that would contribute to their success in this role.
Please apply in writing via email to: email@example.com no later than Friday June 24th.